Re: [Nolug] Garage sale??

From: Andrew S. Johnson <andy_at_asjohnson.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 21:58:48 -0600

On Thursday 30 January 2003 08:47 pm, pltaylor wrote:
> I have a few parts laying around collecting dust and thought I would ask
> if anybody wanted any of them.
> Feel free to e-mail me directly if anyone is interested in any of these.
> _/NO CHARGE -- FREE-- GRATIS -- ETC../_
>
> 1 AMD K6-2 300 processor

I'd be interested in the 300. I was going to give my two youngest
kids the 486-133 I'm using as my web server now, once I get some
more drive space for my Alpha. But, I recently came into a Tyan
dual PPro board with one CPU (foisted on me, actually, with some
busted drives) so I got a used AT case for $5 to put it in. To get the
case I had to take the board that was in it, which has a P-100 in
a socket 7. The board is designed to go to 233, but according to
web sites o'clocking to 300 should be easy, using the "right" jumper
settings. So maybe I'll have a 486 board free soon, if anyone
cares. It's been a decent web server for me for the last year.

Andy Johnson