Re: [Nolug] gulf_wars_poster.jpg (JPEG Image, 684x1002 pixels)

From: Brett D. Estrade <estrabd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 11:45:36 -0800 (PST)

What are you talking about? Certainly there would have been outrage in some circles, but I would
say that in 1980 things were calmed down in mainstream America.

Who are the folks on "Central Ave Houma Blvd" that you are talking about? I don't make it out to
that part of town often, so I am not familiar with it. I do think that there's nothing wrong with
fly *that* flag though...perhaps we should't spark of that debate since it would be "off topic".

Brett

--- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 17:01, Joey Kelly wrote:
> > <http://perlsupport.com/~chip/gulf_wars_poster.jpg>
>
> Can anyone who's old enough imagine the outrage there would have
> been in some quarters 20 years ago at the picture of a black woman
> and a white man (the Presdent, no less!) in such a pose?
>
> I'm sure though, that those on Central Ave Houma Blvd who proudly
> fly the Stars & Bars still aren't very happy that people have so
> much power in the Administration.
>
> --
> +------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Ron Johnson, Jr. Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net |
> | Jefferson, LA USA http://members.cox.net/ ron.l.johnson |
> | |
> | "For me and windows it became a matter of easy to start |
> | with, and becoming increasingly difficult to be produc- |
> | tive as time went on, and if something went wrong very |
> | difficult to fix, compared to linux's large over head |
> | setting up and learning the system with ease of use and |
> | the increase in productivity becoming larger the longer I |
> | use the system." |
> | Rohan Nicholls , The Netherlands |

=====
I know who stole those lunches...it was that d@mn sasquatch!!!! -- "Billy Madison" (1995)