Re: [Nolug] Viewing each command in a bash script

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 21 Feb 2003 14:35:45 -0600

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 03:53, Joey Kelly wrote:
> Or for that matter, "cat scriptname" or "more scriptname"

Well, yeah...

However, that doesn't do things like diskply env. var. expansions.

> Thou spake:
> >To debug a script try running "sh -v scriptname"
> >To see commands and comments or "sh -x scriptname"
> >To see the commands only.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net           |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ ron.l.johnson |
| "For me and windows it became a matter of easy to start    |
|  with, and becoming increasingly difficult to be produc-   |
|  tive as time went on, and if something went wrong very    |
|  difficult to fix, compared to linux's large over head     |
|  setting up and learning the system with ease of use and   |
|  the increase in productivity becoming larger the longer I |
|  use the system."                                          |
|   Rohan Nicholls , The Netherlands                         |