Re: possible locations for installfest (Re: [Nolug] ideas to helpnolug grow)

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 19:50:56 -0600

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 19:39, Chris Bloch wrote:
> Will Trufant wrote:
> > hey guys - im the "netops guy" at a bar here in the quarter ( mythique -
> > 1135decatur upstairs ) - and im sure we'd lost to host "Installfest" -
> > weve allready hosted xmascon 02, and already have dsl and about 8 10/100
> > ports already hardwired in addition to our wireless access.
> >

> Mythique is a cool bar, they have a resident linux box, and the vibe is
> super cool. So I think that's a great idea Will.

But is that where suits and "IT professionals" would go to learn
how to install an OS that would run systems critical to their
business? It might be a bit too, umm, informal of a setting.

Or.... is that where *we* go to schmooze, network & be geeky at
a regularly scheduled "informal" night?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| The difference between Rock&Roll and Country Music?       |
| Old Rockers still on tour are pathetic, but old Country   |
| signers are still great.                                  |