RE: [Nolug] php related question.

From: Pietu <plaihonen_at_uno.edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 12:02:15 -0600

> Not sure what you mean by byte range.

Some client browsers, like mobile phones have limited buffers, thus can not
retrieve all the content at once. They will request a byte-range they are
capable of retrieving from the server. When this chunk of data has been
retrieved, then they will ask for the next chunk (byte-range).

I can handle this second request of bytes, but for some reason PHP doesn't
detect the initial request as being request for a range of bytes, therefore
starts offering the whole file.

This is all documented in HTTP1.1 and it is a standard webserver<->client
behavior, but for some reason I cant find a way to make PHP to detect it.
There must be some way since all this interactivity from the initial
connection to the apache is recorded to the logs.

> > Anybody happen to know, How to make a PHP script to detect
> byte-range the
> > client is requesting?
> >
> > thx,

Petri