Re: [Nolug] meeting next week, topic: FreeBSD

From: Manuel Lora <vanguardist_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:52:59 -0600

Yeah. But look at this: :)

http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/hardware.html
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/02/24/037229&mode=thread&tid=141&tid=137&tid=162
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/11/11/0248238&mode=thread
http://www.vorbis.com/ot/20030223.html

We're working with several hardware manufacturers at the moment. I'm very
hopeful that there will be more than one player this year, and many more to
follow in 2004, including Vorbis support in CD-R portables as well as DVD
players, etc.

Icecast2 is pretty simple to set up and in the last two weeks or so, lots of
new features. There are a variety of encoders under unix and windows to pick
from. Also, I post a weekly update on the Vorbis situation once a week on
vorbis.com (called Ogg Traffic).

Alright, enough with the shameless plug.

Rock!

ml