Re: [Nolug] Bash/ed problem

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 21 Apr 2003 16:57:23 -0500

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 11:31, Craig Jackson wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 11:21, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 09:12, Craig Jackson wrote:
> > > Often when I paste data from some weird format document into vi, the
> > > lines don't wrap when they should. So if I issue the J command to every
> > > other line, it corrects it. Obviously I don't want to do this manually.
> > > Is there a sed/ed script that will join every other line?
> > >
> > > e.g.
> > >
> > > This might be how the text is pasted into vi:
> > >
> > > The dog jumped over the
> > > fence.
> > > The cat chased the mouse across the
> > > field.
> > > The cow stood quietly as the farmer
> > > milked it.
> > >
> > > There should be three lines instead of six. I've done a Google. Any
> > > ideas?
> >
> > Since you are pasting from a "weird format document", presumably
> > your workstation is MS Windows and you have a Win-based telnet/ssh
> > client?
> >
> > If so, is there a "paste special" menu selection?
>
> No, it's Linux. But am using Evolution which uses RTF/html. I am
> seriously thinking about switching back to kmail. I wanted TLS and I
> think kmail supports that now. I need gpg clear-sign integration also.

Hmm, I use Evo, but turn off HTML mail, and only receive it from
certain Outlook users. Is this your situation, that you received
HTML mail?

If so, then you could "pull" the offending message into a separate
window, and choose View->"Message Display"->"Show Email Source",
and you'll have text, the way $DEITY meant email to be read.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| An ad currently being run by the NEA (the US's biggest    |
| public school TEACHERS UNION) asks a teenager if he can   |
| find sodium and *chloride* in the periodic table of the   |
| elements.                                                 |
| And they wonder why people think public schools suck...   |