[Nolug] Guerilla Linux

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 16:48:36 +0000

Hey all,

As discussed at our last meeting, we are going to start holding impromptu
get-togethers. These informal gatherings are meant to complement our regular
monthly meeting at UNO, in the hopes that our group will grow. An informal
alternate meeting is perhaps more accessible for some, and gives those
interested an excuse to discuss Linux and related topics over coffee with
friends. Others in the past have mentioned beer instead of coffee, and while
I'm not an imbiber, I am open to suggestions as to suitable meeting places in
the future.

Our first hit-n-run meeting will be this Saturday at Barnes & Noble bookstore
on Veterans Blvd. in Metairie, at 4PM, in the Starbucks coffeeshop inside the
store.

Need directions? Get off I-10 at Causeway, taking the north exit (toward the
lake), and head towards Kenner (away from downtown New Orleans) once you get
to Veterans. You'll to have to do U-turn at the Veterans intersection, since
you want to essentially make a left turn, which is restricted. Just make sure
you're in the right lane as you come off the interstate, pass through the
intersection, make a U-turn at your first opportunity, then turn right when
you get back to Veterans. Barnes & Noble is on the right, down a couple of
red lights or so.