Re: [Nolug] Sorting lists of domains

From: mrobinso_at_fpkc.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:14:57 -0500

By default, sort sorts from left to right, not by TLD first. You can tell sort to sort by field using
a delimiter, a period for example, but not all of the domains will have the same number of
fields (sub-domains). I want "a.really.really.really.long.domain.somewhere.com" to be sorted
adjacent to and after "somewhere.com", not way up at the top. If you can come up with a
set of options for sort to make it do this, that'd be great. I haven't been able to.

Mark