Re: [Nolug] [OT] "Matrix Reloaded" at the IMAX

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 27 Jun 2003 06:21:22 -0500

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 18:09, Tim Kelley wrote:
> On Thursday 26 June 2003 9:24 am, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Saw it, and it was *incredible*. There was so much more detail
> > at 70mm than the "regular theatre" 35mm version.
> > http://www.auduboninstitute.org/imax/showing_matrix.htm
> >
> > Maybe it's just my old eyes, but I sat 2/3rd of the way back,
> > and that was as close as I'd want to sit.
>
> I enjoyed the cognitive dissonance that arose between your post and your
> sig. thanks, Ron.

The more I think about your quote, the more I think you're mistaken
regarding this. Scenes in the movie were quite long; compare that
with "music video"-style commercials where the scenes are fractions
of a second.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| "Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me |
|  thy discordant images at such speed as to render linear  |
|  thought impossible" (Calvin, regarding TV)               |