[Nolug] A sendmail question

From: Andrew S. Johnson <andy_at_asjohnson.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:24:31 -0500

Let's say that there are two domains: a.com and b.com,
and both are configured as mail servers for each others
domains like such:

a.com DNS:

MX 10 a.com
MX 20 b.com

b.com DNS:

MX 10 b.com
MX 20 a.com

Now, a.com gets mail and forwards it to b.com whenever
b.com is down, and b.com gets mail and forwards it to
a.com whenever a.com is down. This part works fine.

However, b.com has a special request. He has an account
goner@b.com that he wants all mail to be dropped. What
do I put in my sendmail config files (and I know there are a
bunch, so you'll need to be specific) to make this happen.
Dropping is preferable to bouncing because he is already
bouncing mail I get for him and forward, and so it hits my box
twice.

Thanks,

Andy