Re: [Nolug] Evo and Outlook

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:29:17 -0500

Alex McKenzie <alex@boxchain.com> writes:

> There is a place for quick and dirty one liners, but a public module
> repository isn't it.

I totally agree.

If you are at all familiar with CPAN, you know that it isn't filled
with "quick and dirty one liners". CPAN is the repository for such
hacks as Business::CreditCard and POE (Perl Object Environment, an
object server/event system).

> Brevity can be elegant, but if your module is obfuscated,
> unmaintainable, it's not doing what a module should.

I must've missed it. Where did I advocate obfuscated, unmaintainable
code?

Mark.