[Nolug] Languages

From: jdtiede_at_bellsouth.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 19:10:20 -0400

On 2007-07-13 Dustin Puryear wrote:
I coded in Lisp for some school projects while at LSU, and found it
interesting. Once you get your head wrapped around how it works the
language is very clean. Now one language that I had a lot of problems
getting my head around was Prolog. I really didn't enjoy it.
Fortunately,
the language has a pretty narrow focus, so I don't have to worry about
using it again. Anyone use it before?

I remember hearing or reading about Prolog some time ago, but can't remember where or when.
    My first exposure to programming was a non-credit Fortran course at LSU in 1962, taught by Fritz McCameron, one of my accounting professors. Later he taught me COBOL. I picked up a little RPG in the '60s, then got interested in Pascal (though I didn't like the implementation of Turbo Pascal) and then got interested in Modula-2 until Pascal was updated to include some of its features. Haven't really gone beyond that--Delphi is just an extension of Object Pascal and suits my needs.