[Nolug] Is this still a static problem, or something else?

From: jdtiede_at_bellsouth.net
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:56:47 -0400

Have I completely lost my touch? I used to be able to install mobos and CPUs without any problems. Following our extensive static electricity discussion, I got a new CPU (Athlon 1000), sent back a new mobo for testing (vendor says it's fine), got a wrist strap, and, not having touched the CPU before, put it in. Still nothing--screen stays dark. I have cross-checked monitors and video cards and they work with this computer. I'm at my wit's end. Can't afford to go out and buy a whole new computer!