[Nolug] mailutils

From: Craig Jackson <craig.jackson_at_wild.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:09:44 -0500

Mailutils looks like a good replacement for uw-imapd or cyrus. It
supports virtual domains natively. It supports TLS. It is open standards
compliant gnu software. However, the documentation appears to be
targeted to programmers, more like API documentation. I don't see
comprehensive configuration documentation. Has anyone had any experience
with Mailutils?

Objective:
Need an IMAP server that...
1) Can use mbx format (Uw-imapd does support this; Mailutils doesn't)
2) Can handle virtual domains (Cyrus doesn't support this; Uw-imap
doesn't support natively.)
3) Can be configured with TLS/SSL
4) I don't want to use Maildirs.

I've seen the Vimap patch for Uw-imap but I don't want to use Linuxconf.
Does anyone know if Vimap needs Linuxconf or does it just need to have
the Linuxconf virtual home directories which could be created manually?

--
Craig Jackson