Re: Re: [Nolug] LFS Project

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 18 Jul 2003 14:04:01 -0500

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 10:23, jacklinux@cox.net wrote:
> We didn't really get into that. I guess it would depend on who needs
> one, and what modules we install. I guess we could do whatever we
> want with it. Some thoughts off the top of my head would be: Donate
> it to charity, raffle or aution it to the list, or even just hold
> on to it for use in future projects. It may even be fun to take it
> to other groups' meetings for bragging rights. At any rate, knowing
> what we're going to do with it, we could build it to suit the need,
> but I don't guess its a real requirement to get started. We haven't
> even really discussed if it will be a workstation or web server, etc.
>
> If someone has a use in mind, suggest it and it will be considered.

It could be:
- the "demo machine" that's trundled to the meetings. (The
  mechanics can be worked out later.)
- the machine that hosts the mailing list. (Yes, it would be
  offline for a few hours once a month.)
- an extra cruncher for the nolug distributed.net team.

If it's hosted somewhere that has a non-residential internet conn-
ection, it could be a real email server for people who want @nolug.org
addresses and don't mind using mutt or pine thru ssh to read their
email. Maybe we'd have something that brlug doesn't...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |