Re: [Nolug] Looking for an automated FTP backup script formysqldump

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:09:26 -0500

"Alex McKenzie" <alex@boxchain.com> writes:

> I was under the impression that this was for an automated backup
> situation, which is what (I believe) passphraseless keypairs are meant
> for. I was also assuming a limited backup account, but it can work both
> ways.

Glad to see we agree!

> Auditing logs is one of the most useful, and easiest, security tasks you
> can do.

Of course, but I think we were talking past each other.

I have accounts on a number of machines. It would be tedious for me
to audit each account simply because I chose to use a passwordless
keypair.

So, since that isn't what you were saying, I suppose I can retract my
statement.

Mark.

--
As long as you have mystery you have health; when you destroy mystery
you create morbidity.			     -- G.K. Chesterson