Re: [Nolug] Looking for an automated FTP backup script formysqldump

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:15:36 -0500

Judson Lester <jlester@tulane.edu> writes:

> One technique I've adopted for log audits is called "artificial
> ignorance." It essentially amounts to building filters for your logs
> and reporting (via email, say) any log events that aren't filtered.

This is exactly what Logchecker does. Well, you can also say "this
is a security issue", but the best part is setting up lists of things
to ignore.

Debian packages add bits for logcheck to ignore or watch for, so that
helps, too.

--
As long as you have mystery you have health; when you destroy mystery
you create morbidity.			     -- G.K. Chesterson