Re: [Nolug] Gentoo?

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 00:04:05 -0500

Manuel Lora <vanguardist@cox.net> writes:

> fork?

http://www.zynot.org/info/fork.html

Apparently, Gentoo uses contributions (They have a "make a donation"
button on their front page) to further activities of their for-profit
company. That, and they redirect efforts intended as "sweat equity"
into "volunteer contributions."

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I've not really been exposed
to both sides of this story. I'm curious what others closer to the
project think.