Re: [Nolug] Mini Linux

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 11 Aug 2003 17:06:37 -0500

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 11:57, Brad N Bendily wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 07:51, c_matthews@cox.net wrote:
> > > Is there a Linux, that I would be able to put on a
> > > *1.32Gb hd
> > > 64mb RAM
> > > 100 Mhz
> > > It is running M$98, and well I don't like that. If not I will
> > > just take and open it up and stare at its guts, then past its
> > > insides to poster board and laugh at it.
>

> how about damn small linux...
>

> http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

Of course, DSL is Debian-based also, but that's another story...

Note that it's goal is to fit a compressed distro in 50MB, not
*run* in 50MB. The solution sets to those 2 problems are not
the same, even though they do overlap.

> Really any distro should do, as long as you don't install everything.
> You could easily get RedHat9 or Mandrake9.1 to fit on that.

Nah, I'd stay far away from The GUI Three for a problem like this.

> Or get a retro copy of RedHat5.2!

Heck, yeah! Kernel 2.0.??, Netscape 4.6, fvwm95. Woo hoo!!!!