Re: [Nolug] best excel replacement?

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 21:11:21 -0500

Ron Johnson wrote:

> Ah, a laptop with a tiny HD, eh?
>
> Well, gnumeric is good, but not great for interaction w/ Excel.
>
> Would you gain some more space if you re-installed S8.1, while
> re-partitioning to have 1 big partition, plus 1 384MB swap partition?

Let's call that not an option. It's doable, but not worth it. I have no
cdrom, and I've got things setup the way I like it. I can make more
room, another 500MB easily, up to 1GB, but how much space am I gonna
need ?!?

Why the worry about swap, you gonna suggest staroffice? :P I've got a
600 MB swap, and I've never used more than 50 MB. It was 220, but i
started messing with swsusp. I could almost use that old swap partition
as a kernel compiling space...

--
Alex McKenzie     alex@boxchain.com     http://www.boxchain.com