Re: [Nolug] does ZP make me hated?

From: rbstrickland_at_cox.net
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:39:26 -0400

> If I were to ask a networking question about windows XP, will I be mocked, hated, rejected, betrayed, all of the above, none of the above, or several of the above.

Yup, pretty much.... <grins/>

> A while a go, I for some reason was prompted for a username and password while accessing shares via LAN. I did everything I could and finally got rid of the prick. NOW, I want it back, so I set up computerA (one that NEEDED username and password to be logged onto) the way it was before, and now computer B instead of getting a prompt for username and password, tells me I do not have access because I don't have the right username or password. Can anyone tell me how to get this username or password prompt (which I previously hated) back?

First a few questions. Are all computers involved running 'dozeXP? If not, are they running some other mutation of 'doze? Has ActiveDirectory been activated on your network? Are you currently sharing another share point on the same machine under a different user name? What command are you using to connect to the share that you can't get to?