[Nolug] Calling all LDAPers

From: Craig Jackson <cjackson_at_localsurface.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:43:53 -0500

I need some help with ACLs in openldap 2.1.22

My directory tree looks like this.

dc=localsurface,dc=com

ou=domain.org ___ou=domain.com
| |
| |
user@domain.org user@domain.com

As is, users can search the entire tree across domains. I'd like to restrict
each user to his own domain. I see how to restrict each user to his own
entries, but not his domain. The purpose is to have authentication for
Courier-imap and also an address book. My ACLs in slapd.conf look like this:

#prevents users from looking at passwords
access to attrs=clearPassword,userPassword
 by anonymous auth
 by self write
 by dn="cn=admin,dc=localsurface,dc=com" write
 by * none

#filters need access to this
access to attr=accountStatus
 by dn="cn=admin,dc=localsurface,dc=com" read

access to *
 by dn="cn=admin,dc=localsurface,dc=com" write
 by self write
 by users read
 by * read

Thanks,