[Nolug] net connectivity via cellphones

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 14:57:53 +0000

I'm interested in getting a cellhone that has the ability to let me route my
laptop through it. I know it can be done, a friend of mine on irc sat in an
airport with this cellphone in his briefcase, and used bluetooth to connect
his laptop to the net. Other solutions use a wired connection of some kind.

The problem, as I undertand it, is that good solutions aren't available in
our area. What have you guys found, seen, or wish was available?

T-mobile (what my friend has) does the bluetooth thing, and is cool, except
that they have to agreements with other providers, and therefore can't do
roaming on other networks (in other words, the thing won't work in the woods,
etc.).

To those whom I've spoken to about this already, please speak up... I'd like
to have all opinions in one place so I can decide what to buy.