RE: [Nolug] NOLUG Clubhouse

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:18:22 -0500

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 10:33, Brett D. Estrade wrote:
> Here is an idea:
>
> 1) Get someone who IS a student at UNO to go through the process of registering this as a UNO
> chartered organization.

Delgado might also be a possibility.

> 2) Once the organization is up and running, petition the university for a private or shared space
> that has an internet connection, enough room for some machines, and can be locked - this may mean
> that it could only be opened at certain times, but that is better than nothing at all.
>
> Among the cool projects we could have:
>
> 1) a cluster (w/different OS)
> 2) a router project
> 3) a honeypot
> 4) webhost
> ..etc
>
> Of course, there would need to be some administration associated with this so that someone doesn't
> do something silly like run an mp3 server or a porn site, but you get the idea.
>
> Eventually it could be a huge recruitment tool and showcase for the curious.
>
> Brett
>
> Brett
>
> --- Carlos <carlos@cancansystems.com> wrote:
> > I for one am if favor of a club house. Although I do not actively
> > participate on NOLUG I am willing to paid any dues and increase my
> > participation in NOLUG.
> >
> > Carlos Canas

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
Some former UNSCOM officials are alarmed, however. Terry Taylor,
a British senior UNSCOM inspector from 1993 to 1997, says the
figure of 95 percent disarmament is "complete nonsense because
inspectors never learned what 100 percent was. UNSCOM found a
great deal and destroyed a great deal, but we knew [Iraq's] work
was continuing while we were there, and I'm sure it continues,"
says Mr. Taylor, now head of the Washington
http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0829/p01s03-wosc.html