Re: [Nolug] Shuttle cube computer

From: Andrew S. Johnson <andy_at_asjohnson.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:57:44 -0500

On Friday 12 September 2003 05:31 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone have one of these SFF systems? If so, where did you buy
> it?

> Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
> Jefferson, LA USA

There are a few SSF boxes at CompUSA now, including Shuttle,
FIC, and MSI. The handle on the FIC is nice, the MSI has a built-in
MP3 player, and the Shuttle has an Athlon processor. Fortunately for
me at the time, the sales people at CompUSA weren't paying much
attention to me taking the cases off the SSF boxes so I could look
inside. The MSI seemed kinda "junky" or "cheap", so that's off my
list. The FIC doesn't have an AMD version, so that's off too. The
Shuttle from CompUSA comes with WinXP Home, so no sale there
either. But it was good to see them up close. YMMV.

I was actually looking at getting one or more for the kids, since you
can get one reasonably loaded with a 17" monitor for under $900.
I found froogle (not pricewatch) to be my best resource. It helps to
put an upper limit on the price. But buying those would mean it
would take longer to get my dual-Opteron box, so maybe they'll
get bikes instead.

Andy Johnson
no relation that I know of