Re: [Nolug] Genome Sequencing uses: Perl

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:03:55 -0500

mah@everybody.org (Mark A. Hershberger) writes:

and does it have a mechanism that I can do:
# perl -MCPAN -e "install Mail::Spamassassin" and
get that and all the dependent modules ala apt-get,
portage, or *bsd ports system? including upgrading perl
itself if need be?

> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
>
>>> Perl does. Or CPAN. Or CPAN.pm.
>>
>> http://www.python.org/doc/current/modindex.html
>> http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/genindex.html
>
> That doesn't look anything like CPAN. And certainly not CPAN.pm.
>
> So, when someone writes a really useful module for Python, is there a
> central repository where they can publish it? Is there an automated
> way to publish it.
>
> --
> If you want to know who is funding terrorists, look in the vanity
> mirror as you turn the key of your SUV.
> -- http://philip.greenspun.com/politics/israel/

Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."
gpg key fingerprint=7125 0BD3 8EC4 08D7 321D CEE9 F024 7DA6 0BC7 94E5