[Nolug] Recommend a photo printer?

From: Andrew S. Johnson <andy_at_asjohnson.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:53:47 -0500

Can anyone who had purchased a "photo" printer recently offer
any lessons learned? I tried the HP 7720 and the Epson 925
while I was at CompUSA today, and they have their respective
strengths and weaknesses. I tried these two because I brought
my own pictures on a compact flash card, and both of these
printers have built-in CF readers. The guy working the printers
was cool about it. He even gave me two of the 4x6 glossy photo
cards to print on. The HP did an awesome job on the photo card,
but was mediocre on paper. The Epson did better than the HP
on paper, but the same picture that the HP did so well on the
Epson sucked horribly. I would have liked to tested a Canon, but
none of them had a card reader. I'll have to bring in my camera
to print on one of those.

Also, as I was entering CompUSA, in the display case up front as
you come in was an MSI K8 board and a large selection of AMD
processors, including Athlon 64s. If this isn't a sign that AMD's
64-bit CPU is for real, then I don't know what is.

So, who's going to have the first K8 on the block?

Andy Johnson