Re: [Nolug] netbsd and cox cable modems

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:42:16 -0500

Brad N Bendily <brad@selu.edu> writes:

> With my cable modem a simple reboot doesn't do it, I have to leave my
> modem off for about 3-5 minutes to get it to clear.

yep. some have batteries and such.

> Don't you also have to put your PC in that same network to see the cable
> modem? I think so. I don't think it gives that much helpful info.

if you're not stopped up with a firewall, the modem will
catch the request and serve up the pages. some modems are more
informative than others. The signal levels and all can be useful
in troubleshooting. And of course matching up MAC IDs can
be helpful too.

--
Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."