Re: Re: [Nolug] netbsd and cox cable modems

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:59:55 +0000

Thou spake:
>Power-cycling does not normally clear it...

I switched out another client of mine tonight, from his windows box to a
Linux firewall, and it pulled an IP right off, no issues with MAC addresses
at all.

I don't know how suspicious things have to be to trigger the security stuff.
You wanna clue us in?

>Hows the test modem working?

Just fine. I think I have everything ironed out. My server (the one that
hosts this list) had a little trouble for a while recently, but everything
seems to be ok now. Thanks for the help :-)

Incidentally, that account was set up under @home I guess about 3 years ago,
and I ran a netbsd firewall for 2 years, until my old server was lost in the
Bayou Lighting fire. I had to migrate to SuSE when I moved my stuff over to
the Cox connection, since I was under the gun and didn't have time to learn
sendmail and apache on a new platform, so that box got reformatted.

I haven't had to do much with dhcp before, and netbsd isn't exactly
point-n-click ;-)

Again, thanks :-)

--Joey