Re: [Nolug] making windows more secure

From: Biouxtai <biouxtai_at_650dialup.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:09:25 -0600

Joey Kelly wrote:
> Can anyone suggest anything I've overlooked on this page? Any help is much
> appreciated :-) You can add your comments on the site.
>
> http://joeykelly.net/cgi-bin/scratchpad/index.cgi?MakingWindowsMoreSecure
>
> Thanks :-)

Good page Joey. Only problem is that through years of using Norton, I
have discovered that they are kinda behind the scene on pattern updates.
  I run a free virus scanner from grisoft that is called AVG. All of my
work computers use it and it keeps regular updates and has managed to
detect two viruses that norton let by. Virus scanners are really fairly
equal and mostly it will be the users preference for whatever name they
want. McAfee and Norton used to go back and forth on their updates when
one would be better than the other for a while and most ppl used to just
run both. (Back during the DOS days) FProtect is outta the game now,
but they used to be fairly good too.

My personal suggestion would be AVG at www.grisoft.com. Mostly since it
is free, but you can purchase the pro version if you want.

~