[Nolug] powerd for new UPS

From: jdtiede_at_bellsouth.net
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:20:09 -0500

    After determining that the 6-yr-old battery in my UPS is dead |expected life is 3-5 years) I decided to get a new one, then order a battery and use the old unit to protect other equipment. I bought an APC BE725BB and downloaded and installed powerd from SourceForge. The rpm installed easily, but it doesn't make the UPS notify the computer to shut down. Interface is USB. I already have USB working for a scanner; do I have to do something else to make it work with the UPS?
    BTW, CDW has a pretty complete line of batteries for APC UPSs. I placed an order after I got the new UPS in service and elected 3-5 day delivery since I'm in less of a hurry since getting the new one (which has more outlets than the old).