Re: [Nolug] Need a new HDD

From: -ray <ray_at_ops.selu.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 02:44:48 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Ron Johnson wrote:

> My root disk died tonight, so I need a new one quickly, and would
> like to get one here in town. However, I see 120GB 7200RPM disks for
> less than $80 (not including S/H) in Pricewatch. Are the prices here
> in town anywhere close to that?

I don't think so. I'd try BestBuy, but expect to spend at *least* $40
more than what you'd find online. Unless they're running a big special...
i got a 200gb WD for $199, plus $99 rebate, which is a good deal.

I'd order online to save the $$$. Get a Knoppix CD to hold you over for a
few days till the new drive comes in :)

ray