Re: [Nolug] Need a new HDD

From: Andrew S. Johnson <andy_at_asjohnson.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 06:48:57 -0600

On Thursday 30 October 2003 02:20 am, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My root disk died tonight, so I need a new one quickly, and would
> like to get one here in town. However, I see 120GB 7200RPM disks for
> less than $80 (not including S/H) in Pricewatch. Are the prices here
> in town anywhere close to that?

CompUSA has weekly specials. Usually one is decent. Of course
you have to pay a bit more than you would online for instant gratification,
but that's life. Check here:

http://www.compusa.com/AdProducts/ad_products_info.asp?category_id=454

Since you will be reinstalling, may I suggest Slackware 9.1. It's solid
and 2.6 ready. I'm running 2.6.0-test9 right now, and it seems quicker
for many tasks.

Andy