Re: [Nolug] Distro suggestions

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:43:07 -0600

jdtiede@bellsouth.net wrote:

>if it's free and works the same, who cares?

That's exactly the concern...will it work the same? Or, even better,
work well. This is not to say they haven't been a benefit to the Linux
community, but I lost interest in them after their gcc-2.96 debacle,
which all of it's sibling (spawn?) distros (Mandrake, etc.) had to
suffer from. But I still kick myself for not investing.

And I'm sure that Fedora will not have the base that RHAT had, they
caused a lot of egress of their flock with their last maneuver.

And with so many other well established distros out there to chose from,
a lot of people are thinking that now is a good time to make a switch,
especially if they've been curious to, or frustrated with RHAT.

--
Alex McKenzie     alex@boxchain.com     http://www.boxchain.com