Re: [Nolug] Security-Enhanced Linux

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:26:31 -0600

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 18:58, Andrew S. Johnson wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 November 2003 05:13 pm, CMJandHOJ@cs.com wrote:
> > Has anyone here had any experience with Security-Enhanced Linux? The link to
> > the website where I found it is below.
> >
> > http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/
> >
> > Chris
> >
> It is also offically part of Linux as of version 2.6.0-test3. No need to patch.

Whoa! Spooks getting back doors put in the kernel, in the guise
of heightened security. What a scam!
http://www.acm.org/classics/sep95/ Who knows whether some (trusted)
programmer has put a sneaky trojan in the gcc source code?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
"I have steadily endeavored to keep my mind free, so as to give
up any hypothesis, however much beloved -- and I cannot resist
forming one on every subject -- as soon as facts are shown to be
opposed to it."
Charles Darwin (1809-1882)