Re: [Nolug] need lots of knoppix copies

From: Jeffrey Hendricks <hendricks_clan_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:32:43 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Joey Kelly <joey@joeykelly.net>
Sent: Nov 12, 2003 10:38 AM
To: nolug@joeykelly.net
Subject: Re: [Nolug] need lots of knoppix copies

Thou spake:
>I'd be down for an installfest. Do you know when in January you're going
>to be doing that presentation? Make sure you use Impress from OO.o
>1.1... which starts up 25% faster than 1.0 :)

As far as I know, it's January 7, 2004.

Um, while I'm thinking about it, I'd love to have someone volunteer to bring
their fast box to the meeting and show it off.

<snip>

I'd like that too, though I don't have a "fast" box just yet, but that'll come in due time. I'm surprised nobody suggested the Gimp as a good OSS addition. I've used Gimp for Windows for quite some time, and I like it. I like Sodi Podi as well, though I can't use it well yet. I like OSS software for Windows in general, and more than one person has been shocked to know that I use as much of it as I can.... I don't have M$ Office installed on any of my computers. Mozilla, Gimp, OOo, etc. makes switching back and forth to Linux that much easier. I'd still like to bump into some of you to chat Linux in general.