Re: [Nolug] linux/ppc

From: Steven Cardella <ssc_at_bertucciinc.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:11:40 -0600

On Friday, Nov 14, 2003, at 13:56 US/Central, Manuel Lora wrote:

> Anyone here have an ibook/powerbook with linux/ppc? If so, comments
> would be appreciated.

I was running a PB 550 on it, and dual-booting between Yellow Dog and
OS X, but it seemed a little pointless once Fink started settling down.
  Now, I feel fine w/ just OS X. Fink gets me my all my favorite
Unixy/Linuxy apps that don't have a cocoa/carbon port, for the most
part. I'm really looking for convenience in a laptop, though.

Once I get a G5, I might reconsider putting Yellow Dog back on the
Powerbook, but it'd have to have significantly better performance than
10.3 AND be able to play DVD's w/out hassle.

I guess that for the desktop, I've been spoiled by Apple's fit and
finish...

Note: If I were running x86 hardware, you'd better believe that it'd
have Linux on it.
Of course, some of those IBM 970 servers/workstations would rock the
heck on with Linux.

Ciao,

Steve Cardella