Re: [Nolug] AGP / DRI diagnostics

From: Andrew S. Johnson <andy_at_asjohnson.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:18:26 -0600

On Friday 21 November 2003 11:57 pm, Pietu wrote:
> > My computer has been locking up frequently lately. I've determined
> > through trial and error that by not loading the agpgart and radeon
> > modules I can use X. Everything has worked fine for the last few
> > years, so something in the hardware is going out. I don't know if
> > it's the video card or the motherboard. I made a quick google for
> > diags, but I didn't find anything.
> >
> > Does anyone know a way to determine which it is, assuming I don't
> > have another video card or motherboard to try the parts?
> >
> > Andy Johnson
>
> I suspect you are using RH ??

No, Slackware. I haven't changed any hardware or software in the
last few months, but a few days ago my system started locking up a few
seconds after I started X. I'd cycle power, it boots OK (except for fsck that
has to run every time) and it is fine until I startx again. Preventing the
agpgart and radeon modules from loading fixed the problem. Except that
now, I don't have accelerated video. So, basically, my video acceleration
hardware is broken, and I don't know how to tell if it's the video card or
the mobo.

Andy Johnson