Re: [Nolug] Wireless modem

From: Brad Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 22:27:47 -0600 (CST)

> Would do the trick. Didn't I hear about some phones having 802.11b
> capabilities? Anyone know of one?

I think several of the Nokia's do. Here is one that
I found real quick:

The Nokia 6250
http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,2115,00.html

Advanced Wireless Solutions
WAP 1.1 browser
Data support 9.6 and 14.4 kilobits per second

Infrared for wireless communication between phone and compatible PC
Infrared transfer of names, phone numbers, and calendar notes between
compatible phones
Over-the-air activation for sending/receiving picture messages, names and
numbers (business cards), caller group logos, calendar notes and receiving
ringing tones, operator logos and WAP settings

Cingular list a Nokia 6340i, but Nokia doesn't list that
on their website, the closest thing is the Nokia 6310i.
Which does WAP:
WAP 1.2.1 browser (over GRPS or CSD)

But i'm not sure if that's what I think it is.
I'd like to see a phone that gets an IP address on my Wireless Access
Point, but I don't think what Nokia is talking about is the same thing.

???

BB