RE: [Nolug] Wireless modem

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:52:03 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nolug@joeykelly.net [mailto:owner-nolug@joeykelly.net] On Behalf
Of Joey Kelly
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 3:43 PM
To: nolug@joeykelly.net
Subject: Re: [Nolug] Wireless modem

Thou spake:
>At the moment, I don't think any wireless phone would do regular
networking.
>I believe they would not do that in the future either. Closest to that
would
>be a bluetooth capability.

IIRC, there are some 802.11b phones available --- probably Cisco stuff, etc.

These would be used in an office setting, where SIP was utilized. The neat
thing about these phones is that if you travel to another office in your
company (a branch office, for example), your phone would instantly be
recognized once you entered the building, and your calls would be
routed to you.

--
These phones.... are they also like every-day usage wireless "cell" phones
with the ability to customize the desktops and ringtones etc...?