Re: [Nolug] Need help creating a dual boot Windows/Linux system

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:20:40 -0600

CMJandHOJ@cs.com wrote:
> I installed Windows 2000 Professional on the primary partition last night(well I actually finished about 2am this morning). I just don't want to damage my Windows installation because I may need it as a test bed for school work.

That's fine. You install Windoze first because Linux is smarter about
the presence of other OSes than M$ is. Most distros recognize that you
will be dual booting nowadays, while Win assumes that it is the only OS.

>>> It does have a NIC but my primary computer is on dial up and has no NIC.

That's unfortunate, since Linux can do so much with networking. Unless
of course, you have a little LAN it's hooked up into.

--
Alex McKenzie     alex@boxchain.com     http://www.boxchain.com