[Nolug] Fwd: Open Technical Position - Getronics - Port Allen, LA Hiring Immediately - Contract to Regular opportunity

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:34:29 -0500

Just a FYI...

--Joey

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: Open Technical Position - Getronics - Port Allen, LA Hiring Immediately - Contract to Regular opportunity
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:17:35 -0500
From: "Benoit, Brian" <Brian.Benoit@getronics.com>
To: <joey@joeykelly.net>

Hello Joey,

First let me introduce myself. I am an internal corporate recruiter working
 strictly with Getronics, one of the leading providers of IT services
 worldwide. Our US headquarters is based in Billerica, Massachusetts and our
 international headquarters based in Amsterdam. Recently I had a chance to
 view a copy of your resume online and wanted to make you aware of a new
 position we are currently recruiting for here at Getronics to be based in
 Port Allen, LA. We have an urgent need to fill a position which will begin
 as a contract role for 6 months starting immediately. At the end of 6 months
 this position would either be extended, via contract, for an additional 6
 months, or the individual in this role may have the opportunity to become a
 "regular" employee with Getronics, depending upon performance and company
 needs. While you are not eligible for benefits while on a contract status,
 should you be converted to a "regular" employee, you would be eligible for
 benefits as of your start date. I currently anticipate this position will
 pay approximately $22.00 Dollars Per Hour, depending upon experience.

Now that I have the introductions out of the way Joey let me give you some
 information about us as a company and about this role specifically:

Who are we?

 Getronics Today
As a ˆ3.6 billion Information and Communications Technology (ICT) service and
 solution integration company, we know our three greatest assets: - our
 clients
- our people
- our partners

Getronics roots go back over 100 years, and we have been active in ICT since
 business first started using computers in the 1960s. We are a
 vendor-independent company and have worked with every change and every
 innovation, and this experience has been shared with our clients, people and
 partners.

Getronics is an international company with over 23,000 people working in more
 than 30 countries. Our international coverage is significantly expanded
 through a network of service partners to 120 countries. We are international
 because our clients expect us to be. Of our top fifty accounts, we serve 27
 on an international basis and over 50% of our top 200 clients are
 multinational.

What are we looking for?

                                                 Professional Contractor - Full Time - Port Allen, LA

Profile

This senior technical support position will be based onsite with one of our
 premier customers and one of the leaders in their particular industry. This
 multi-billion dollar revenue "household name" company is under agreement
 with Getronics for Getronics to provide technical services and support. Your
 mission will be to become the "jack of all trades" that this client
 desperately needs. As you will be based onsite with the customer, the
 Getronics team will rely upon you to provide accurate and timely feedback on
 a regular basis so as to ensure optimized customer service for our client.
 You will be called upon to act as a go between for both Getronics
 technicians and the client's internal support staff so Getronics can assess
 and address technical issues for the client.

Actions and Results

You will provide onsite technical support to our client primarily relating to
 network hardware and telephony systems. You will personally troubleshoot
 specific individual desktops, phone systems, and network hardware. You will
 coordinate with Getronics technicians and help coordinate service calls as
 needed. You may be doing some "higher level" troubleshooting for the
 customer via phone as well, however primary responsibilities will entail
 "hands on" technical support.

Technology and Skills
*
* Extensive troubleshooting and support experience with Phone Systems
* Strong technical support experience in both an XP and Windows 2000
 environment * Solid networking experience, primarily relating to hardware

Getronics is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.

Getronics does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. Getronics will not pay
 fees to any third party agency or firm.

What if I'm interested?

If you are interested in additional information regarding this position,
 please forward me a copy of your resume. Why send me the resume if I've
 already seen it and reviewed it? Sending me the resume accomplishes two
 things, first, I know you are interested in the role. Second, the resume is
 now in a format that I can easily forward to the internal hiring managers so
 that I can facilitate your next step in this very rapid hiring process. Due
 to the massive interest in our current openings I am unfortunately not able
 to get back to all of my phone messages in a timely fashion. If you have
 additional questions or need additional information please email me and I
 will either answer your question there, or set up a time for us to speak.

What else do you need?

If you have already sent me your resume there are some other pieces of data
 that would be helpful.

* First, if you can please email me and confirm when you would be able to
 begin a new position. * If you would like, if you could please indicate what
 your anticipated salary requirements might be. * Finally, if you can please
 email me and indicate when you might be able to interview with the hiring
 managers via telephone this week.

Thank you very much for your time and interest Joey. I look forward to
 hearing from you.

-Brian

Brian Benoit
Senior Recruiter
Recruiting Operations

Getronics North America
290 Concord Rd., Mail Stop 001-3K1
Billerica, MA 01821 USA
brian.benoit@getronics.com
<http://www.getronics.com/us>

At Getronics, we are committed to building an outstanding, talented and
 diverse workforce where all who have a passion to excel are welcome. Learn
 more about Getronics U.S. Operations and career opportunities with us at
 <http://us.getronicsjobs.com>

About Getronics:
With approximately 23,000 employees in over 30 countries and revenue of
 ˆ3.6bn in 2002, Getronics' is one of the world's leading providers of vendor
 independent IT solutions and services. Getronics is ranked #2 in Network
 and Desktop Outsourcing and #4 in Network Consulting and Integration
 worldwide (IDC 2002 rankings). Getronics was one of only three firms cited
 by Forrester Research/Giga Group as providing "second to none services" in
 the IMAC (Install, Move, Add, Change) category (Sept. 2003).

The information transmitted is intended only for use by the addressee and may
 re-transmission, dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any
 action in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities other
 than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error,
 please inform the sender and/or addressee immediately and delete the
 material. Thank you.