[Nolug] Open Source Political Software

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:47:41 -0600

Don't know if you guys heard, but today, the "tech team" of Clark's
presidential campaign announced an Open Source initiative aimed
towards developing software for running a political campaign.
http://techcorps.net/

We're doing this not only for our own benefit, but also for the
benefit of those who come after us. Even Dean's campaign -- Even
Bush's campaign! -- could benefit from this initiative.

As I work to develop tools and systems here in this ephermeral
environment, it is some consolation that parts of my work will be
available to other people to use.

Everything that is available right now is BSD-licensed, but there may
be some GPL stuff in the pipeline if we can get approval.

Let me know what you think.

Mark.

--
Peace is only better than war if peace isn't hell, too.
    -- Walker Percy, "The Second Coming"