Re: [Nolug] Apps initiated automatically on login

From: John Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:44:08 -0600

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:31:41 -0600
  Joey Kelly <joey@joeykelly.net> wrote:
>On Saturday 27 December 2003 12:40, John Tiedeman spake:
>> I am at my friend's in MS. His PC (on RH 9) brings up a Mozilla screen
>> without scrolling arrows, Network Device Controller, and OpenOffice
>>Writer
>> on every instance of using his login, but not on my login. I can exit
>>from
>> them, but they are there again on next login. I know there must be a
file
>> somewhere causing this, but I can't find it. Cany anyone give me its
>>name?
>
>KDE lets you select whether or not to "restore" your desktop when you
>restart
>it. Probably if you close every app, then find where to save the settings
>(it's probably on the logout menu somewhere), you can stop it from
>happening
>again.
>
>--Joey

I've done that. One would think, certainly, that telling it not to restore
the same session would prevent the autostarts, but it doesn't, and
Autorun.desktop appears to have nothing to do with anything but CD-ROM.
Mikey's suggestion to grep for x-applications is the only thing I have to go
on now, and I'm back in Algiers so can't try it on the affected computer for
a few days.