Re: [Nolug] Microsoft Story of Interest

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:38:58 -0600

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 00:49, Andrew S. Johnson wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 December 2003 10:01 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 13:47, Chris Reames wrote:
[snip]
> 3) This is years down the road. Micros~1 marketshare might be less
> than Apple if they continue to churn out software of the quality and value
> for which they are already a household word. The group of household
> words which include AIDS, SARS, Mad Cow, West Nile, Flu, etc. You
> get the idea. Same for Intel, unless they come out with a Hammer clone
> soon. Yes, I know it's in the works, they just denying it until they think
> the time is right.

Fat chance, until non-geek little (i.e. kindergarten & young ele-
mentary) kids can easily run Reader Rabbit, etc, and their parents
can run Calendar Creator, etc...

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
"Whatever may be the moral ambiguities of the so-called demoratic
nations and however serious may be their failure to conform
perfectly to their democratic ideals, it is sheer moral
perversity to equate the inconsistencies of a democratic
civilization with the brutalities which modern tyrannical states
practice."
Reinhold Nieburhr, ca. 1940