Re: [Nolug] Random Word Spam

From: scotth_at_scottharney.com
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:07:02 -0600

"Wimprine, Thomas" <twimprine@stei.com> writes:

> I thought of doing this and I believe it would be a great solution on a
> single person or a few (less than ten). However I'm running SA with MD on my
> gateway for a few thousand people. This would not be an ideal solution.

Get some users in your org to participate. make sure they all have
world readable spam-missed and ham-missed folders. Set up SA to have a global
bayes db (it's described in the docs). your cron job will run as the user that
owns the global db (qmailq in my case probably sm-mta or somesuch in the case
of Sendmail). Feed it a bunch of initial spam and ham so the autolearning
gets turned on as well for messages that score excessively high. The many
will benefit from the trivial efforts of the few.

I also typically manually copy the entire contents of my spam folder into
spam-missed to have sa-learn learn any messages it didn't already autolearn.

--
Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."