Re: [Nolug] FW Spam message: Chris Get the car you want

From: Andrew S. Johnson <andy_at_asjohnson.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:12:19 -0600

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 09:55 am, Chris Reames wrote:
> upturn acquiescent brassy conflagrationHey guys,
> Have you gotten anything like this? Hint: highlight the text to reveal
> random words. I think they are randomizing book passages to fluff up the
> e-mail to bypass spam filters.
> Any ideas on what the new email marketing laws are?
>
> Chris

SpamAssassin picks up the text with this rule:

1.0 HTML_FONT_INVISIBLE BODY: HTML font color is same as background

ISpam has to deliver it's message, and this is what snares it. I've had a few
lately slide under the radar, but compared to the total, it's a small fraction.
I save the spams that aren't outright rejected in a folder I keep just for training
the Bayesian filter.

Andy Johnson