Re: [Nolug] RBL's not working in SA

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:33:07 -0600

"J. Kent Busbee, Jr." <buz@penwel.com> writes:

> Ok, enabling RBL's in Spamassassin have bogged me down way to much. So,
> now where do I need to filter it: SA (too slow), Mimedefang
> (filter-relay), or Sendmail?

What RBLs do you want to use and how do you want to use them?

If you want to drop everything that originates from an RBLed server,
use sendmail (I don't recommend this).

If you want to be able to adjust the scores, use SA. You can limit
the number of RBLs that you check, which will help a lot.

Another angle is to have Sendmail mark the email and put in SA rules
that score the email up or down based on how it is marked.

Frankly, many RBLs aren't that good. Even SPEWs overblocks a lot of
the time.

Mark.

--
Peace is only better than war if peace isn't hell, too.
    -- Walker Percy, "The Second Coming"