[Nolug] Oddest Baby Name Ever--Or New Trend?

From: CMJandHOJ_at_cs.com
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:09:08 EST

The baby's name is Jon Blake Cusack 2.0. Not Junior. Not the II. It's Version
2.0. Parents Jon Blake Cusack and his wife, Jamie, wanted to name their son
something different. They did just that. Daddy, a self-described "engineering
geek," talked his wife into the unusual name that mimics the naming process for
new versions of software, reports The Associated Press.

"I wanted to find something different to name him besides Jon Blake," Cusack,
who is self-employed with Westshore Design and Cusack Music, told The Holland
Sentinel. Version 2.0 was born on January 27 in Holland, Michigan. Baby and
mother are doing just fine.

Daddy Cusack admitted that talking his wife into the name took several
months, and Mommy Cusack didn't concede until a week before Baby Cusack was born.
She told The Sentinel that since she had picked out the theme of the baby's room
and done other things, "I decided to let Jon have this." Naturally, the birth
announcement to friends and family was sent electronically.